Addiction: see Frisbee"
The state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma (ie. Frisbee).What a fun week in frisbee it has been, tho I am clearly addicted to the circular plastic disc. On Saturday, our 5th annual Alumni game took place in St. Cloud. It was painful for us alumns to play a game to 21 but we somehow managed to pull out a 21-17 victory and impressively held a lead the entire game. It was good to get such players back on the field like Erik after such an absence from Ulty. There were rare moments of re-lived glory, and more common situations of newfound pain (top left).
But there is a certain pride & bond these players have from their past that unites them in their desire to pummel lesser Frisbee players. There is a knack for winning that each Alumnus possesses deep from within that allows him to represent the Forest Green jersey with honor, prestige, style, & cunning. These Alumni will not fail, and
they never have. For even the most pained player will pick himself up off the ground (right) and begin to throw goals as if it were the first point of the game. Despite
numerous injuries and the toll of seasons upon seasons of Ultimate that would crush lesser men, these few, proud Luckydog Alumni stand up to the challenge of young legged speed & untalented forehands. Unfortunately, I do pity those Luckydogs that play in the post Dark Cloud era.
On a lighter note, much fun was had at the game at Talahi Elementary field as you can see with Nate pulling off his best rookie impersonation and myself deciding which way it would be more of a challenge to break the mark of a physically challenged leprechan. The game famously included one point in which the alumni did not run down after a pull merely to challenge the college kids to an endzone offense/defense battle. Fortunately for the college, they did score after numerous throws to dodge countless heckles that would pursue if they had failed.Later that week, on Thursday, AJ, Andy & I were competing in an ace race at Bryant Lake park disc golf course. It was sparked by watching a lot of cubby on you tube hitting over 130 aces (you can search the video). I had one around 2000 at Riverside hole 13 but none since. That is until Thursday the 19th throwing multiples at Bryant lake hole 7. I took down a dinger with an orange Flash 220ft. Then the very next day at Blue Ribbon Pines on the very first throw of the 2nd round, I ripped an orange Predator 310ft hyzering in for a hole in one. A 6yr drought ends with back to back aces. I am now in the display box at BRP with my stats for that event. 1st ever ace on their signature hole number 1 at BRP. There were 5 witnesses. Kinda funny story after that was the lady working inside saw it, I told her my uncle knew the owner. She called the owner, owner called my uncle Bob, then Bob called me to congradulate me. Word gets around when you ace a signature hole I guess. At least I am modest. Below is me throwing on hole 1 on a different day. The pin is just left of those tall pine trees. The disc flew straight out about 1/4 of the way into those trees from the left, hooked down & left, dodging everything, then crashed in. Amazing.

1 Comments:
Funny, you only let me have an Ace lead on you for 3 days. Then you tie me, then you pass me.
Post a Comment
<< Home