DKO'd

8 rounds of lefts, rights, & uppercuts. At last, you have been DKO'd.

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Pittsburgh Blue

Pittsburgh Blue - 10I drive by this place all the time right by Granite in Maple Grove and it looks like a pimped out place to eat. It is. 1st off, you should make reservations cuz its a hot place. Upon entry they had a coat check for us which was nice. We were seated and ordered a couple martini's off the list, Ruby Red and Blackberry Mojito. Not to toot my Bro's horn but they were that level of quality that I'd expect. We got some asperagus and parmasan fries for our sides. The fries were so tasty, never really had gourmet fries but they lived up to more than what you'd think fries could taste like. The asperagus was the size of tree trunks. We couldnt believe how ginormous they were - about 5 times any normal sized asperagus, and they were good too. Beth got the ahi tuna and I went with a filet. Both were incredible. I've never had a better steak. This piece of meat was simply outstanding. Perfection on a plate. If I was playing halo it would be a bulltrue extermination killimonjaro. It also had the best piece of bacon I've ever tasted wrapped around it. Combined, this meat was worth the price of the entire visit. I guess the the butcher is the same guy for Manny's and a couple other primo places. For dessert we had a turtle cheesecake that was again ridiculously succulant. If you're sick of taking home taco bell and If you want to drop a C-note on a dinner for 2, you will be 100% satisfied with what you eat here. Also Beth got a coffee with dessert. It might sound dumb but the coffee was also magnefique. Only 1 time have I ever had coffee so good. It was in Hawaii (the only US state to produce its own coffee) after Worlds, the fam took a tour and the first stop at 8am was a coffee bean field where they had a little shop with fresher than fresh brewed coffee from bean plant to liquid splashed on my taste buds. The coffee took me back to that moment instantly.

2 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Blogger Mandy said...

oh my god, thanks for the sensory play-by-play. i love to eat!

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger A-Wine44 said...

I like this part - If I was playing halo it would be a bulltrue extermination killimonjaro

 

Post a Comment

<< Home