Shop Lifting Anomaly (and the white puffy jacket)

A couple weeks ago, Beth & I went to Target to get some stuff for our house. When we walked in, the alarms went off and this couple going out promptly stopped & started checking their own bag and looking around for someone to come check them. I cant believe some people have to stoop to stealing. Beth & I continued shopping.
This week we went to the Ridgedale mall. When we entered the alarm went off again, this time at Macy's. We walked in with another guy and there was a lady putting up merchandise right by the thief scanners. It must be the merchandise we thought. The man said "Its pretty hard to steal stuff INTO a store." We cut through Macy's to the mall area and the alarms went off again! This time I slowed down a bit before we exited to let her go through first, the beeper went off and I immediately said "Its you! Lets get outta here!" We looked around the mall for a bit then left through Macy's again and of course the alarms went off both times. I told us to run when we left & that would be funny.
We went to target quick after that and knew the alarms would set off again. Some people stopped for a bit that were exiting when we were entering. Its pretty funny now. On the way out I had her time it so she walked through with this kid so he and his dad thought he set off the alarms and took something. We can get some good practical jokes going. Maybe I will get out my cop uniform and stand by the door when Beth walks in. Or just timing it with people walking out can be very amusing too, then muttering things like "Those poor people, how sad."
In the end we think its her white puffy jacket that has a magnetic tag on it still. She wants to get it fixed, I say leave it & get a few cheap laughs.

2 Comments:
maybe The Beth is stealing stuff all along!??!?!
no way man! you left out part of the story baby...did you forget when we were waiting at the light leaving the shopping complex when the cops came by? I freaked thinking they are coming to take me away haha, then I remembered: Wait I didn't actually take anything, they can't take me away Ha Ha!~
Post a Comment
<< Home